CLICK THE TAB ABOVE TO CONTACT
Gunsmith — West Jordan, UT
- In-House Gunsmith Center
- Full Gunsmithing Operation
- Employee Benefits and Discount
Purpose of Position:
To support ongoing efforts of the gunsmithing program. To provide support with craftmanship and timely service standards in repairs and modifications of firearms to blueprint and customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensure Gunsmithing Center is delivering products and services that meet or exceed the company’s quality and time metrics
– Assist in development of Gunsmithing Center improvements including innovation, quality control and cost efficiencies
– Ensure that the Gunsmithing Center is in ATF Compliance with all aspects of the business
– Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
– Work to resolve customer service issues related to the Gunsmithing Center
– Recommend new products and services for the Gunsmithing Center
– Work with others in a safe and efficient manner to meet company’s goals
– Cooperation with team to ensure all training, safety requirements, policies, and procedures are followed
– Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and existing customers
– Ensure competitive business practices by recommending new service guidelines to Gunsmith Operations Manager for program integration
– Ability to operate all department equipment in a safe and efficient manner
– Thorough knowledge of the Gunsmithing Center’s security policy and procedures
– Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others to resolve challenges
– Provide service functions of repair during the daily operations of the Gunsmithing Center
– Perform general servicing of firearms to include repair, refinish, cleaning and accessory installation
– All other duties as assigned
– An excellent technical understanding of a wide range of firearms as well as common repairs and modifications
– Extensive use of machining equipment, including welding and refinishing processes.
– Use of standard business software to handle word processing and spreadsheet applications.
– Aptitude for critical thinking and effective time management, along with associated organizational skills.
– Must possess a positive attitude, good written and verbal communication abilities.
– Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
– Desire to improve self and to develop leadership qualities.
– An Associate’s degree or Certification in Gunsmithing or a related field of study preferred, or;
3-5 years experience in a Gunsmith role, or;
– Equivalent training and/or experience in Gunsmithing preferred
This position does not require travel.
Sportsman’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.