CLICK THE TAB ABOVE TO CONTACT
- Become a world-class firearms instructor and join the largest privately owned Firearms Training Institute in the world.
- Join our team of over 100 firearms instructors teaching over 35,000 students a year on 50 ranges.
- Have a passion to teach, an ability to provide exceptional customer service, and a willingness to never stop learning.
Successful candidates will either already possess the following characteristics or demonstrate the ability to quickly develop them:
• The ability to perform on demand, exactly what you are teaching to the students.
• A strong desire and ability to impart your knowledge and expertise to the students.
• Voice, posture, vocabulary, and appearance that secures the student`s respect for your position as their instructor.
• High moral and ethical character which leaves you behaving appropriately on and off the range.
• A memory that allows you to always remember what it is like to be a student.
• The integrity to teach your course exactly as it is outlined in Front Sight`s curriculum with no alteration to the instructional doctrine.
The most important characteristics we look for in our instructors are a passion to teach, an ability to provide exceptional customer service, and a willingness to never stop learning. We do not require any specific credentials, background, or previous firearms training experience.
The following are critical job requirements. Please do not apply if you cannot satisfy these requirements:
• You must be at least 18 years of age.
• You must be able to legally possess a firearm. We will perform a criminal background check to verify.
• You must have the legal right to work in the United States. You will be asked to produce the appropriate documentation.
• You must be free of any drug use or other chemical dependencies that could be hazardous to yourself, students, or fellow staff members.
• You must be able to physically perform the job, including standing on your feet outdoors for 2-3 hours at a time and be able to lift and carry approximately 30 pounds. You must also be able to physically perform Front Sight techniques related to weapons handling and marksmanship.
• Tattoos are only acceptable if they can be completely covered by the long sleeve version of the Front Sight uniform.
• Since communication with our students is crucial, you must speak fluent English.
All applicants will be required to attend Front Sight’s Instructor Development course. This is essentially a 5-day job interview where we will teach you Front Sight techniques and evaluate your potential to be a successful member of the Front Sight Instructional Staff. There is no charge for the course but you must supply your own ammunition (approximately 600 rounds). The course is taught once a month and is held at the Front Sight facility in Pahrump, Nevada. Here are the upcoming dates: September 19-23, October 3-8 and November 7-11, 2019. Further information can be found at https://www.frontsight.com/courses/instructor-gun-training.asp
Please fill out the info below to apply for this job.